PUBLIC PROCUREMENT OF INNOVATION TO FOSTER SUSTAINABLE GROWTH IN THE MED AREA
REF: 1MED15-1.1-M12-070, INTERREG MED PROJECT
The general objective of the PROMINENT MED project (acronym of Public pRocureMent of Innovation boosting greEN growTh in MED area) is the promotion of the Public Procurement of Innovation (PPI) with the aim of getting the public sector to pull the innovation of market to our territory through the promotion of R + D + i of products related to the energy efficiency of buildings, a key sector for the EU.
The aim is to improve the innovation capacity and the connection between the public and private sectors, with the promotion of the Public Purchase of Innovation (PPI) and with the purpose of stimulating the search tasks and the development of innovative solutions and technologies in the field of energy efficiency.
This objective will be achieved with:
- The implementation of a transnational collaboration network based on the quadruple helix model (city council, research sector, companies and civil society) to deal with the application of the PPI in the field of energy efficiency of buildings.
- The promotion of the PPI as a key tool to unlock the existing innovative potential and promote the commercialization of innovative high-tech solutions applied to the energy efficiency of buildings.
- The attraction of investments to improve the energy efficiency of public buildings to increase the sustainable development of the territory and improve the competitiveness of companies.
The Spanish Consortum is composed by the Àrea d’ Energia of Consorci de la Ribera as territorial partner with expertise in energy efficiency, and Universitat Politècnica de València as technical and innovation expert. The PROMINENT MED project is being implemented in the city of Alzira and, as a final result, an intervention in the municipal building of the Magatzem de Cucó will be completed.
Our role in the project is focused on:
- Abstraction of needs analysis into outcome-oriented requirements for the market.
- Identification and qualification of the maturity of innovations in the field of application.
- Market engagement plan to unlock the innovations in the background of companies.
- Technical assistance for the planning of KPI and assessment of bidders.
- Empowerment of the quadruple helix of innovation from the research sector.
- Connection with relevant stakeholders to promote PPI policies in the territory.
More information on the official website of the project https://prominent-med.interreg-med.eu/